Douglas Woodruff Papers
Scope and Content
Letters received or collected by Woodruff including letters or notes from Shane Leslie, Francis Cardinal Bourne, Henry Cardinal Manning, J.M.J. Acton, Alfred Noyes, F.C. Hingeston-Randolph, Frances Chesterton, Hilaire Belloc, Alan Herbert, Marie Belloc Lowndes, Robert C. Latham, and others; manuscript prayers and notes; datebooks of Woodruff, 1926, 1958; Mass cards, post cards, Christmas cards, clippings, and photographs.
- Creation: 1908-1963.
- Woodruff, Douglas, 1897-1978 (Person)
Language of Materials
Colonial editor for The Times (London) 1908-1960s.
2 linear inches. 3 linear inches and 2 albums of photographs.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Acquired by purchase from his estate in 1978.
- Leslie, Shane, 1885-1971. (Person)
- Bourne, Francis, 1861-1935. (Person)
- Manning, Henry Edward, 1808-1892. (Person)
- Noyes, Alfred, 1880-1958. (Person)
- Hingeston-Randolph, F.C. (Francis Charles), 1833- 1910. (Person)
- Chesterton, Frances. (Person)
- Belloc, Hilaire, 1870-1953 (Person)
- Herbert, A. P. (Alan Patrick), Sir, 1890-1971. (Person)
- Lowndes, Marie Adelaide Belloc, 1868-1947. (Person)
- Latham, Robert, 1912- (Person)
- Douglas Woodruff Papers
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note