Biblioteca apostolica vaticana. Biblioteca Barberiniana Manuscripts
Scope and Content
Correspondence and manuscripts in the Barberini collection of the Vatican Library, including documents concerning activities of Pope Urban VIII, a member of the Barberini family. The Vatican Library's manuscript collections are divided according to language group; languages using the Latin alphabet are classified as Latin. The Barberini Library contains over 10,000 Latin codices; this microfilm contains Barberini Latin codices 8617-8660.
In Latin, Italian, and French.
- Creation: 1600s-1700s (bulk 1600s).
- Biblioteca apostolica vaticana. Biblioteca Barberiniana. (Organization)
Language of Materials
Latin , Italian , French .
Library founded by Francesco Barberini in 1632, acquired and made part of the Vatican Library by Pope Leo XIII in 1902.
15 reels of microfilm.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
- Biblioteca apostolica vaticana. Biblioteca Barberiniana Manuscripts
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note