C.R. Smith Papers
Scope and Content
Correspondence between Smith and Lee Tavis, 1970s; annual reports of Aviation Corporation (AVOCO), 1930-1935, and American Airlines, 1966-1975; a financial analysis of American Airlines and its predecessor companies by Smith, 1920s-1975; copies of correspondence and advertising memos of Smith, 1948-1956; articles and clippings about Smith, 1940s-1970s; photocopies of the Aircraft Yearbook, 1926-1932; transcripts and audio tapes of interviews of Smith by Tavis, 1970s; a book-length manuscript of material collected by Tavis concerning Smith; and printed matter about the history of aviation, 1963-1979.
- Smith, C. R. (Cyrus Rowlett), 1899- (Person)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Restricted by contract.
President of American Airlines, 1934-1968; U. S. Secretary of Commerce, 1968-1969; and Chairman of the Board of American Airlines, 1973-1974.
2.5 linear feet.
Papers were collected by Lee Tavis, C.R. Smith Professor of Business Administration, University of Notre Dame, 1976- .
- Aeronautics -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Aircraft industry -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Airlines -- United States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- American Airlines, Inc.
- Interviews. Subject Source: Genre Terms: A Thesaurus for Use in Rare Book and Special Collections Cataloguing
- Letters. Subject Source: Genre Terms: A Thesaurus for Use in Rare Book and Special Collections Cataloguing
- Smith, C. R. (Cyrus Rowlett), 1899-
- C.R. Smith Papers
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note