Eliza Allen Starr Papers
Scope and Content
Correspondence, including letters sent to Edward Sorin, CSC, John A. Zahm, CSC, James Edwards, Maurice Francis Egan, and Frank Earle Hering, and letters received from Francis Patrick Kenrick, Archbishop of Baltimore; manuscript of Starr's book Isabella of Castile, 1492-1892; and clippings pertaining to Starr.
Incorrectly listed in the National Union Catalog of Manuscript Collections (MS 67-936) as dealing chiefly with correspondence of Archbishop Martin John Spalding. Extensive additional correspondence of Eliza Allen Starr with Daniel Hudson, CSC, may be found among the Hudson Papers in the University of Notre Dame Archives.
- Creation: 1854-1900
- Starr, Eliza Allen, 1824-1901 (Person)
Language of Materials
Poet and art critic. In 1885 she was awarded the Laetare Medal by the University of Notre Dame, the first woman so honored.
2 linear inches.
- Starr, Eliza Allen, 1824-1901. (Person)
- Sorin, Edward. (Person)
- Zahm, J. A. (John Augustine), 1851-1921 (Person)
- Edwards, James F. (James Farnham), 1850-1911 (Person)
- Egan, Maurice Francis, 1852-1924 (Person)
- Hering, Frank Earl, 1874-1943. (Person)
- Kenrick, Francis Patrick, 1797-1863. (Person)
- Isabella of Castille, 1492-1892. (Person)
- Eliza Allen Starr Papers
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note