George Nauman Shuster Papers
Scope and Content
Correspondence, reports, minutes, interviews, notebooks, clippings, contracts with publishers, and drafts of essays, speeches, and books; including letters from Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Eleanor Roosevelt, Dwight D. Eisenhower, John F. Kennedy, Lyndon B. Johnson, Jacques Maritain, Padraic Colum, Hilaire Belloc, Van Wyck Brooks, Francis J. Sheed, Saul Alinsky, Dietrich von Hildebrand, Heinrich Bruning, and Konrad Adenauer; with material pertaining to his visits to Germany in 1937- 1938, 1945, and 1950-1951, his conversations with German intellectuals, politicians, soldiers and refugees, his work with UNESCO, and his service on the Board of Trustees of the James Picker Foundation for Radiological Research, the Broadcasting Foundation of America, Briar Cliff College, and the Industrial Areas Foundation; also a phonograph record of the funeral of Winston Churchill, photographs, and books.
- Shuster, George Nauman, 1894-1977. (Person)
Language of Materials
Notre Dame student, 1911-1915; faculty member and head of the Department of English, 1920-1924; an editor of The Commonweal, 1925-1937; President of Hunter College, 1940- 1960; State Commissioner for Bavaria, 1950-1951; Assistant to the President of Notre Dame, 1960-1976.
15 linear feet. 1 record album. 1 linear foot of photographs. 35 linear feet of printed material.
- Adenauer, Konrad, 1876-1967.
- Alinsky, Saul David, 1909-1972.
- Belloc, Hilaire, 1870-1953.
- Briar Cliff College.
- Broadcasting Foundation of America.
- Brooks, Van Wyck, 1886-1963.
- Bruning, Heinrich, 1885-1970.
- College presidents Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Colum, Padraic, 1881-1972.
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969.
- Hunter College.
- Industrial Areas Foundation.
- James Picker Foundation for Radiological Research.
- Johnson, Lyndon B. (Lyndon Baines), 1908-1973.
- Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963.
- Maritain, Jacques, 1882-1973.
- Roosevelt, Eleanor, 1884-1962.
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945.
- Sheed, F. J. (Francis Joseph), 1897-
- Shuster, George Nauman, 1894-1977.
- Von Hildebrand, Dietrich, 1889-
- George Nauman Shuster Papers
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note