David E. Schlaver Papers
Scope and Content
Class notes, papers and clippings from grade school, Notre Dame High School (Niles, Illinois) 1958-1962, University of Notre Dame, 1962-1968, Moreau Seminary, 1965-1969, Katholicke Theologische Hogeschool, Utrecht, 1969-1971, and the University of Michigan, 1977-1978; drafts of Schlaver's doctoral dissertation (University of Michigan), The Notre Dame Ethos; manuscripts of works of Henry Nouwen; publications of Pax Christi International; clippings of statements by Father Hesburgh; memoranda, correspondence, and publications from Dillon Hall, 1972- 1975 (Schlaver was rector); calendars, memoranda, and orientation information from his work as director of student activities and assistant to dean of business office, 1973-1975, 1977-1978; notes for sermons; material from the Notre Dame Collegiate Jazz Festival, 1963-1964; and photographs.
Language of Materials
Assistant director of campus ministry, 1972-1973; director of student activities, 1973-1975; assistant to the dean of the business office, 1977-1978; director of campus ministry, 1981-1984; editor and publisher of Ave Maria Press, 1984-1990.
20 linear feet. 4 linear inches of photographs.
- Clippings (information artifacts) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Dissertations. Subject Source: Genre Terms: A Thesaurus for Use in Rare Book and Special Collections Cataloguing
- Nouwen, Henri J. M.
- Schlaver, David (David Edward), 1942-
- Sermons. Subject Source: Genre Terms: A Thesaurus for Use in Rare Book and Special Collections Cataloguing
- David E. Schlaver Papers
- University of Notre Dame Archives
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note