United States. Army.
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
A manuscript book of special orders of General William S. Harney, General Persifor Frazer Smith, and Colonel Albert S. Johnston (1853-1856); a manuscript book of letters sent by Buell to assorted military departments and units, primarily concerning orders and monthly strength returns (1853-1856); a book of printed General Orders of the Department of the Ohio (1861-1862); a four-page biography of Buell; and an unidentified index (1841-1846).
A letter copy book containing about 125 pieces of outgoing military correspondence written by 1st Lt. James S. Swearingen of the U.S. Army, during service at the frontier post of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, April 1806 to November 1807.
A manuscript journal of some 60,000 words kept by Col. Joseph C. Audenried of the U. S. Army during Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman's 10-month tour of Europe and the Middle East in 1871-1872.
A manuscript orderly book of 1st Lt. Thomas J. Baird of the United States Army, kept during 1818-1822 while commanding detachments of artillery at stations in New York, South Carolina, Florida, Georgia, and Virginia.
- Amelia Island (Fla.) -- History 1
- Bellona Arsenal (Chesterfield County, Va.) -- History 1
- Burr Conspiracy, 1805-1807 1
- Castle Pinckney (Charleston, S.C.) -- History 1
- Correspondence 1
- Egypt -- Description and travel 1
- Europe -- Description and travel 1
- Fernandina (Fla.) -- History 1
- Fort Gibson (New York, N.Y.) -- History 1
- Fort Wayne (Ga.) -- History 1
- Journals (accounts) 1
- Ohio -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Orderly books 1
- Pittsburgh (Pa.) -- History, Military -- 19th century 1
- Russia -- Description and travel 1
- Soldiers -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Texas -- History -- 1846-1950. 1
- Turkey -- Description and travel 1 + ∧ less